CENTRAL ARM POLICE FORCE (CAPF) (AC)
- Introduction of CAPF
- Eligibility Criteria
- Selection Procedure (Stage 1, 2, 3)
- Syllabus of CAPF examination
- Physical efficiency test
- Salary structure of assistant commandant (ac)
- Allowances in CAPF
- Career in CAPF Promotions
- CAPF academy centers
1. WHAT IS CAPF?
Central Arm Police Force (CAPF) refers to uniform nomenclature to security forces in India under the authority of ministry of home affairs. Their role is to defend the national interest mainly against the internal threats.
Government body is Ministry of home affairs, child agencies is BSF, CRPF, SSB, ITBP, NSG, CISF.
Border security force, Central reserve police force, Sahastra seema bal, Indo Tibetan border Police, National security force, Central industrial security force.
About CAPF Examination
CAPF is a competitive exam conducted by the (UPSC) Union Public Service Commission to recruit the candidate in the Central Arm Police Force.
BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSB are participating forces in CAPF.
2. ELIGIBILITY FOR CAPF
- A candidate must have attained the age of 20years and must not have attained the age of 25years.
- Which candidate already commission in BSF, CRPF, SSB, CISF, NSG, ITBP so this candidates have age relaxation in criteria for join Assistant Commandant in CAPF.
- The candidates have Graduate/ degree in any streams.
- Candidates have pass him/her graduation in a recognized University.
- Candidates have minimum 60 marks in a him/her final year.
- The candidates apply in him/her in graduation or pass out OR completed graduation.
- Candidate has 3 times try for CAPF Exam.
3. SELECTION PROCEDURE IN CAPF
- Paper1-General Ability and Intelligence For [250 marks].first paper type is Objectives. This paper are Negative marking 1/3 Paper.
- Paper2-General Studies, Essay and Comprehension For .Second paper type is Subjective. These are no negative marking paper.
They trainers check your physical efficiency. Means you running test, your long jumping and their Doctors check your body and medical test.
STAGE III :
4,5 officers takes your personal interview they ask your hobbies, education, About your family, your friends, relations with your neighbors, about your extracurricular activities and what is your good habits and bad habits, what is thought of your friends about you, they most ask who is your role model. Which person would you like in your family and why? , About your areas any history.
4. SYLLABUS OF CAPF EXAMINATION
General Mental Ability and Intelligence
- Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Indian Polity.
- Indian and Other History.
- Current Affairs. General Knowledge.
General Studies Essay and Comprehension
- Essays – you can write essays in Hindi and English. (Only essays are writing in two languages).
- Your Argument – for / Against
- Report Writing.
- Precise Writing.
5. ALL ABOUT PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST
- 100 Meters race in 16 second for Men candidates and 100 Meters race 18 second for Women candidates.
- 800 Meters race in 3 minutes 45 second for Men candidates and 800 Meters race in 45 second.
- Long jump 3.5 Meters for Men candidates. And 3.0 Meters for Women candidates. (3 chances) for all candidates.
- Shot Put (7.26 Kg.) 4.5 Meters/- this test only for men’s candidates.
6. SALARY STRUCTURE OF ASSISTANT COMMANDANT (AC)
Name of Salary
Dearness Allowances (DA)
In hand Salary
Total pay is
7. OTHERS ALLOWANCES FOR CAPF ASSISTANT COMMANDANT:
- Money for Ration.
- House Rent Allowances.
- Medical Allowances.
- Special Duty Allowances.
- Transport Allowances.
- Hardship Allowances.
8. CAREER IN CAPF PROMOTIONS
- AC gets him/ her promoted as DC in 0 to 6 years.
- DC gets him/ her promoted as 21/Commandant in 6 to 12 years.
- 21/Commandant gets him/ her promoted as DIG in 16 to20 years.
- Commandant gets him/ her promoted as DIG in 20 to23 years.
- DIG gets him /her promoted as DIG 23- 26 years.
9. TRANING CENTERS OF CAPF OFFICER
At present, each CAPF takes care of its own training needs.
- CRPF – in Guru gram
- BSF – Tekanpur ,mp
- ITBP – in mussoorie
- CISF – Hyderabad
- SSB – Srinagar and uttar Pradesh.