Knowledge means, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, the acquisition of facts, information and skills through education or experience. Knowledge is a theoretical or practical understanding of the subject. Human society descendants are different from monkeys and other animals simply because of their knowledge and use. Knowledge can only be gained through education.
It can be known without saying that education is very important to create equality and remove barriers and discrimination on the basis of economic status. The progress and development of the nation depends on the availability of the right to education of all citizens. Malala Yousafzai, a Pakistani schoolgirl, was threatened by the Taliban for her right to education. She was shot in the head in the Taliban but still survived and has since become a global advocate for human rights, women’s rights and education.
Apart from the ability to make a living through professional skills, the results of education are very different which include –
- Democracy will be promoted through the civilisation of a society, which in turn will help in the harmonious development of the entire country.
- Generating peace in the world.
- At the individual level, education – helps in maturation and integration of personality, helping in the correct modification of behaviour and a human deal with whole life.
In fact, it has been said that “the value of life can be measured in how many times your soul has shaken you from the inside.” It is education that can stir up one’s life.
Different types of education
Apart from school and college education, education constitutes the following –
- Adult literacy:- Illiteracy is a curse for any society. Education helps to overcome all evil and thus through setting up in government centres all over the world, it is being tried to remove this evil by giving basic education to adults.
- Female education:- It has been rightly said that when you “educate a woman by teaching, you educate a whole family”. While women have been deprived of education till the end of the 20th century in the society, special campaigns and schemes are now being organized to educate women, to bring them forward and facilitate the overall development of society Are going
Education in india
Since time immemorial, India has been conscious of the importance of education for the complete development of society. Since the Vedic era, education has been imparted from generation to generation in Gurukul. This education was not only the only knowledge of Vedic mantras but also the vocational training required to make the students a complete person.In this way the Kshatriyas learned the art of war, the Brahmins learned the art of imparting knowledge, the Vaishya caste progressed by learning commerce and other specialized business courses. However, the Shudra caste remained deprived of education, which is considered the lowest in the society.
To correct this deficiency and in view of the inclusive development of the whole society, reservation scheme was introduced in which free education is provided to the lower castes, along with reservation of seats in colleges and jobs in early 1900s. And later it has got right place in the Constitution of India.
In the present era, to recognize the need for the overall development of the society through equal opportunity for all, the government has introduced in the Indian Constitution to facilitate free and compulsory education for all children in the age group between 6 and 14 years. Various articles are included.
Send children from economically weaker sections to school for education. The Government of India has encouraged children by providing nutritious food in the Mid-Day Meal Scheme.The program is run by the Ministry of Labor, Government Aided Local Bodies, Education Guarantee Scheme and Alternative Innovation Education Center, Madrasa and free meals to students studying in schools or primary schools. The scheme has helped in increasing enrollment, attendance and retention of economically backward classes in government schools.
In another important initiative, the government has also announced financial assistance and free education for girls’ education. This scheme has encouraged the purpose of providing free education at a high level to all girls in the single family.
However, India is facing a problem in the field of enrollment of students for higher education. The main reason for the low enrollment rate is expensive fees and lack of affiliation. Big solutions are needed to change this unwanted scenario, some suggestions to expand higher education are as follows –
- Backward classes have been encouraged through reservation policy, positive steps are to be taken by the government to remove disparities between poor and rich.
- Higher education should be education of relevance. In the current era, there are innumerable graduate degree holders who remain unemployed. The risk of unemployment can be reduced if vocational training is included in the curriculum and vocational training is offered to students choosing higher education or career of their choice after higher secondary school.
Education helps an individual to discover his potential, which in turn promotes a strong and united society. Refusal to use it can hinder anyone from becoming a complete human being. The importance of education at all levels of human society is very important to take the family, community and state to a larger level.