Associate Engineer / Engineer – Mass Properties
Job scope (Tasks & accountabilities):
- To support the design and development of Overall Aircraft level target weights and to track aircraft weight evolution throughout the development phase.
- Develop mass models for loads calculation, inertia models for aircraft simulation for different configurations and support special requests
- Perform weight estimations to support aircraft sales campaigns
- Drive the designers, risk sharing partners of Airbus and vendors for the design with respect to weight targets.
- Prepare component weight and CG data for Weight review meetings and design progress meetings.
- Participate in Aircraft delivery weighing inspection, calculating delivery aircraft weight and supporting technical reports for weight and balance manual.
- Calculate weight and CG impact for Customer modifications, Service bulletins, Weight repercussions & Technical repercussions
- Alert Weight and Balance (W&B) Specialist on any important discrepancy between Estimated, Calculated, and Weighed values and verify that corrections are applied.
- Above all to drive innovation and bring new technology adaptation to aircraft design.
Required Domain Expertise (skills):
- Graduate/Post Graduate Engineer (Aerospace Engineering / Mechanical Engineering)
- Good logical reasoning, analytical skills,( Data Analytics preferable)
- Basic understanding of Aircraft design and sub-systems.
Tools: Solid Modeling (CATIA, UG, Solid works), Programming skills (PYTHON or MATLAB preferable)
- Agile and reliable, interested in working in a transnational empowered team
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral, writing & presentation)
- Flexibility & adaptability
- Ability to accept responsibility of task
- Capacity to innovate & make proposal for improvements
Education: B.Tech/B.E. in Aviation, Mechanical
GE Aviation Aviation Engineering CategoryEngineering / Technology Early Career 01/04/2022 R3613501 Relocation Assistance: Yes EPIP 122 (Phase II), Whitefield Road, John F. Welch Technology Centre, Hoodi Village, Bengaluru- 560066, Karnataka, India
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute design and stress analysis activities for Rotating Parts of HPC module for GE9X program for issue resolution, performance improvements, cost/weight reduction, Durability and producibility improvements
- Deliver on cost, performance & weight targets pertaining to HPC Module
- Collaborate with PSE for developing field plan for HPC Module
- Should network & establish strong connections with Commodity CTHs, Cross functional teams viz. Supply Chain, Repair, MAE, CTPs and Shop technical teams to achieve the desired outcomes
- Foster and inspire a collaborative work style and display team-oriented behavior with proactive communication internally and externally
- Leverage digital tools & analyze the data insights to drive appropriate actions
- PhD/MTech /MS/BTech/BE in Mechanical/Aerospace
- 3+ years of relevant experience on Mechanical design/hardware ownership/stress analysis/ Finite element analysis of aircraft engine components
- Exposure to Heat transfer analysis, Manufacturing processes will be added advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
2. Engineer – Mechanical Component
GE Aviation Aviation Engineering CategoryEngineering / Technology Early Career 12/30/2021 R3611233 Relocation Assistance: Yes EPIP 122 (Phase II), Whitefield Road, John F. Welch Technology Centre, Hoodi Village, Bengaluru- 560066, Karnataka, India
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will report to Life Management Sub- Section Manager, Services Engineering & EMS India, BEC, JFWTC Bangalore. You will be responsible for engine critical parts to certify safe and competitive life limits for the entire product life cycle. Additionally, you need to contribute to resolving field issues, enable repairs and serviceable limits. You will interface with other teams such as Life Cycle Engineering (LCE), Services Engineering, Systems, Projects, FAA, and EASA based on business needs.
• Execute critical parts life management programs, repairs, and serviceable limits using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements
• Collaborate and Communicate with all stakeholders on project status, business issues, and significant developments as appropriate.
• Contribute to Life Management Digital playbook.
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate clear thinking, strong technical articulation, manage hand-offs between different organizations.
• Foster and inspire a collaborative work style and display team-oriented behavior with a proactive example of communication internally and externally
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Aviation Engines and Turbo machinery Engineering position (design, analysis, systems, services)
• Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
• Strong Design creativity and problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- • Knowledge of LCF, fracture mechanics, field failures and manufacturing processes• Experience with engine field problem resolution• Familiarity with aircraft flight operations, engine performance, thermal and stress analysis• Exposure to FAA requirements for life limited parts• Strong oral and written communication skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Trainee Production Engineer and Trainee Mechanical Maintenance Engineer –ERW Pipe Mill
Degree in Mechanical Engineering
1 -2 years
Candidates should have experience in Steel Industry or similar background, with hands-on knowledge in Production and/or Mechanical Maintenance.
Language Skill: Should be able to communicate in English and Hindi