VERBAL ABILITY CAPGEMINI
1. Mark the option best suited to replace the underlined portion of the sentence given below
I am tired as I am running since morning
a) I was running
b) i had been running
c) I will be running
d) I have been running
1. Sentence given below forms a coherent passage when arranged logically choose the option with correct given sentence
a) A short man appearing as a long with the stick in his hand
b) And having butterfly shaved moustaches
c) In a survey conducted
d) Was chooses as a greatest of actors of all time
2. A sentence is broken in to the following parts marked the options containing the correct sequences of these parts to get the complete sentence
1. And taking an air India flight
2. The men interacted with several people
3. After visiting Italy
4. Out of Vienna to return to delhi
3. Read the sentence given below and decide whether it is a fact or interference or judgement
The country also has biomedical waste management rules for the safe and scientific disposal of biomedical waste
4. Replace the underlined word to form a meaningful statement First I ate dinner than I slept
5. Which part of the sentence below has an error in it ?
When water supply is normal,/ we can’t care/ about the importance of water
a) When water supply is normal
b) No error
c) About the importance of water
d) We can’t care
6. Read the statement below decide whether it is a fact, inference or judgment The painting made by John Nelson during the war is one of the most beautiful paintings in the world.
7. Mark the option best suites for the underlied portion of the sentence given below The teacher suggested that we ought to be punctual, isn’t?
A) Shouldn’t we
B) Aren’t we
D) Is it
Ans: shouldn’t we
8. Choose the option which is synonymous with the meaning of the word: Angry
Explanation: Angry means feeling or showing strong annoyance, displeasure or hostility
9. Choose the option which is synonymous with the meaning of the word: Offbeat
Explanation: Offbeat means unconventional or which is not ordinary.
10. Choose the correct preposition and fill in the blanks:
The father said to his child, “You must be back eight o’clock.”
Explanation: Preposition ‘by’ is used to denote: not later than the time mentioned; before.